Phone: 602-285-1433 Toll Free 866-585-1433
REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A
CERTIFIED RESIDENTIAL INVESTOR REPRESENTATIVE (CRIR)
1. Must have a valid real estate license in the state in which you practice, with no history less than 10 years old of license suspension(s) nor any license revocation.
2. Must attend the following classes, seminars and courses, presented by the Commercial Real Estate Institute, Inc. and pass exams for each:
a. Residential Investment Specialist Core Classes (21 hours)
b. Distressed Properties 101: How To Buy Property in Foreclosure (6 hours)
c. Distressed Properties 103: How To Buy Property in Bankruptcy (6 hours)
d. Distressed Properties 105: Short Sales (6 hours)
e. Real Estate Ethics (3 hours) Not included in CRIR Core Classes.
3. Must pay $75 for, and authorize, a background check, and pass CREI approval of background review.
4. Must submit three personal references and three professional references (previous clients, or agents with whom you have done business) for CREI approval.
5. Must agree to adhere to the National Association of REALTORs ® Code of Ethics, or a similar professional Standard of Care acceptable to CREI.
6. Must maintain active membership in your local Multiple Listing Service or similar service approved by CREI.
7. Submit a complete CRIR application and payment of $395 for certification.
8. Pay annual fee of $195 for membership in the
Commercial Real Estate Institute.
The CREI may disapprove an application for any reason whatsoever in its sole and absolute discretion. Any such disapproval does not entitle the applicant to any refund for courses taken or actual costs incurred, such as the background check. CREI retains the right to modify certification requirements and content at any time.